Calling all evaluators! To help prepare for Evaluation 2023 and increase excitement, the AEA Conference Working Group is hosting a new video project, and we need your help. In alignment with the conference theme of "The Power of Story", you are invited to prepare and submit a short video sharing your own evaluation story.
Through this video project, AEA President Corrie Whitmore, PhD asks evaluation professionals and students of evaluation and related fields to engage in a conversation about their background, their challenges, and the stories they have to tell.
Submissions are open until Monday, September 25 at 11:59 p.m. ET. One randomly selected submitter will receive complimentary registration to Evaluation 2024 to sweeten the deal! Follow the instructions below to submit your video.
Submit Your Video
View tips for recording your video!
What to Base Your Video On
What is your evaluation story? You can answer any and all of the following prompts in the video:
- Explain how you discovered that evaluation is the field for you.
- Tell us how the Power of Story shows up in your work.
- Share a story of an evaluation project you enjoyed working on / that brought you joy.
- Tell us about an evaluation that surprised or challenged you.
How to Submit
You can submit a short video, no more than 2 minutes long using this link. This platform allows AEA to easily collect all video submissions in one location — all you need is a laptop or phone video camera! Don't worry: you can retake the video if you would like to re-do your submission.
How the Videos Will Be Used
- The videos will be posted on the AEA website and may be used in promotional materials, including email and social.
- Participating groups and individuals can use the process to enhance conversations at the local level.