As of 6/22/2023
The safety of attendees, speakers and staff remains our top priority. AEA is monitoring local health and public safety requirements and will follow all current recommendations and guidelines in place at the time of Evaluation 2023 as set forth by the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana.
As we approach Evaluation 2023, we will keep our community informed on any updates that we make to our health and safety guidelines.
AEA encourages the following safety protocols for all attendees, speakers, and exhibitors.
- We recommend that all Evaluation 2023 participants are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As defined by the CDC, fully vaccinated means that all vaccines—and boosters, for those who are eligible—are completed at least 14 days prior to the first day of Evaluation 2023.
- Wearing a well-fitted mask helps reduce the chance of spreading COVID-19 to fellow attendees and to those who work in the spaces where we convene. Masks are not required by law in Indianapolis. Attendees can bring their own masks and we will have a limited supply for those who need them.
- We encourage all attendees to frequently wash their hands throughout the day, to avoid touching public surfaces as best as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout our venue for your convenience.
- Session rooms and common areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Marriott hotels worldwide continue to take precautionary measures in an effort to give guests, peace of mind.
- If you are feeling sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you notify a staff member and do not contribute to the day’s events until you have tested negative for COVID-19. We will provide a list of nearby COVID-19 testing centers.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within days of attending the event, we encourage you not to attend in person. We will offer a full refund if you cancel due to COVID-19 and will waive the cancellation fee. You can also transfer your registration to our digital experience, which will include access to the plenaries and presidential strand sessions.
- As we approach Evaluation 2023, preventative health measures are subject to change. Details of any necessary measures will be communicated as early as possible and will be shared directly with registrants via email, the AEA website, and social media channels. By attending AEA’s Evaluation 2023 conference, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
When it comes to live events, we all need to make our own decisions regarding attending based on individual health and safety, personal values, financial and other considerations. AEA respects the decision of any Evaluation 2023 attendee not to participate.
View more information on local COVID-19 policies below:
Marriott Policy Indianapolis Policy