We have compiled some anticipated frequently asked questions to help you navigate our virtual platform. If you have any further questions about the system or event that are not answered below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I didn’t receive my registration confirmation. What do I do?
Your registration confirmation email is only sent once payment is received. Please contact email@example.com to resend your confirmation email.
If you signed up the day of the event, it may take up to 1 hour for your account to be activated. You should receive an email with your authentication link to give you access to the site, where you’ll be able to set up your profile and password.
How do I get to the virtual platform?
We recommend bookmarking the link you receive via email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) for quick access each day. An email will be sent out prior to the virtual event that will have a custom link for you to fill out your profile and create a password. Once you are logged in, Pathable will keep you logged in unless you logout of the system.
I'm trying to log in but my account is not active.
If you signed up on the day of the event, it may take up to 1 hour for your account to be activated. You should receive an email with your authentication link to give you access to the site, where you will be able to set up your profile and password. We strongly recommend setting up your account and profile before the event.
How do I log into the virtual site?
If this is your first time logging in, please click the link in the email invitation you received from email@example.com to access the virtual site. You must enter the email address you registered with and follow the prompts on the screen to set your password.
If you have already set your password, visit the Pathable link and click on “Login.” Enter the email address you registered with. Your password was self-selected. If you do not remember your password, click the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the prompts on the screen.
If you have any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I wanted to register after the event starts?
You can still register for the virtual experience after it has started. When you register, it may take up to 1 hour for your account to be activated. You should receive an email with your authentication link to give you access to the site, where you’ll be able to set up your profile and password.
Once in the platform, you can access any sessions you missed of previous days as well as participate in upcoming live presentations. Please register here and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
What if I want to cancel and receive a refund?
Due to the nature of the virtual format for Eval21 Reimagined, refunds are not permitted. All purchases are final. The majority of sessions will be recorded and accessible in the platform for three months (until January 31, 2022). You can transfer your registration, if you prefer, please see information below.
AEA Annual Business Meeting
The Virtual Annual Business Meeting will take place the week prior to Eval21 Reimagined, on November 4 at 2:00 PM EDT. Registration at the link here is required; attendance is free. The Annual Business Meeting is open to all members.
TIG Annual Meetings
You can access TIG annual meetings by searching for your TIG of interest by track and registering with the link provided. All attendees are welcome to join these meetings and learn more about the yearlong initiatives of each TIG. View the schedule for TIG Annual Meetings here. Registration is required for most TIG Facilitated Annual Meetings and for all AEA Facilitated Annual Meetings. If you are experiencing registration issues with a TIG Facilitated Annual Meeting, please reach out directly to the TIG Leader here. For AEA Facilitated Business Meeting, reach out to Zachary Grays at firstname.lastname@example.org
What platform is being used?
Pathable is the platform being used to host the virtual event.
What are the system requirements?
For ideal viewing and participation, the conference attendees should have access to a computer with the following features:
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. Due to limitations within Zoom, attendees in Firefox or other browsers may experience audio issues.
- High speed internet connection.
- The virtual conference platform is also accessible with iOS (Apple) and Android based tablets and smartphones.
You can view additional system requirements here: Pathable Help Desk.
Please make sure to download Zoom on the device that you will be using prior to the event dates. You can confirm you have downloaded the latest version of Zoom at https://zoom.us/download.
In what time zone does the event take place?
All sessions will take place in EASTERN Time. Please plan accordingly.
Please note: The virtual platform will update the event times to match your computer’s time zone. All promotional materials will show the events in Eastern Time.
Who should I contact if I have any technical issues?
If you are experiencing issues accessing the platform or with slow connectivity, we recommend trying the following:
- Ensure you have a stable, strong internet connection. You can test your connection at www.fast.com. Streaming media requires a bandwidth of at least 25-40 Mbps.
- Connect to your internet router via a hardwire connection such as an Ethernet cable.
- Turn off other devices that could be using your internet connection; this includes disconnecting cell phones from the network, asking other people in the home to limit their use (especially for streaming services like YouTube or Netflix), etc.
- Turn off your company VPN, if connected, as this consumes part of your bandwidth.
- Ensure that the Pathable link is marked as a "Trusted Site" within your browser.
- Try closing out and reopening the site.
If the above action steps do not solve the technical challenge, please contact the AEA virtual platform provider, Pathable, directly through the Get Support link under your Account tab.
How can I optimize my home internet for a better streaming experience?
- Maximize your internet connection by connecting your computer by an Ethernet cable directly from your internet router.
- If you must use Wi-Fi, try to use the 5GHz network.
- Wi-Fi works best when you are 5-8 ft from your router.
- Give your router space to breathe by placing it in “free space”. This means not in a TV stand or behind the couch.
- Check and tighten all cable connections, with your router and with your computer.
- Give your router time to rest by turning it off for at least 10 seconds and restarting it. This will boost your internet speed by a few extra mbps.
- Close out other apps on your device that are not essential to you while attending the conference.
- Disconnect other non-essential devices around your home (or office) that are connected to the internet: streaming devices, tablets, phones, video game systems, and/or smart TVs.
I keep getting kicked out of the platform/asked to log in repeatedly.
If you experience any technical difficulties, please contact the support desk in Pathable. We will address technical difficulties as quickly as possible. If you miss a session because of a technical difficulty, the majority of session recordings will be available on the Virtual Platform within 24 hours of the scheduled session.