The American Evaluation Association (AEA) welcomes attendees from around the world to our conference each year. Now, more then ever, we are excited by the global opportunities of hosting a virtual experience in place of the in-person conference, increasing access to the event for our international attendees.
Letters of Invitation
For many people, letters of invitation help smooth the visa process and/or support their requests to receive funding to attend professional development. While Eval20 Reimagined has pivoted to a virtual platform, AEA will continue to issue invitation letters for attendees requiring supplemental documentation for approval to attend professional development virtually. Letters will be issued to those meeting any ONE of the following criteria:
- You have been a member of AEA prior to 12/31/2019
- You are scheduled to present at the virtual experience
- You have completed and paid for Eval20 Reimagined registration
- You can provide evidence of your work or study in the field of evaluation
Request a Letter of Invitation
We will begin collecting inquiries on September 18, 2020. Please email email@example.com indicating "invitation letter" in the subject line with the following information:
- An indication of which of the four criteria above you meet, including documentation of your work or study in the field of evaluation if you meet only criteria #4
- The full address that should appear on the letter
- The name and title of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- Any other information that you believe is needed in order to process your request for a letter or to develop the letter of invitation.
Please note that all letters of invitation will be transmitted via email only at this time. AEA cannot send letters of invitation via express mail services. We strongly encourage you to make your request at the earliest date possible. Letters of invitation are sent within three working days of receipt of all requested information. If you have questions about obtaining a letter of invitation, please direct them to the AEA office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-202-367-1166.