Early Career Excellence in Teaching Evaluation Award
sponsored by SAGE Publishing and AEA
Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018
The American Evaluation Association and the Teaching of Evaluation Topical Interest Group, with generous support from SAGE Publishing, are pleased to offer travel support for those attending Evaluation 2018 who are currently engaged in the teaching of evaluation. The purpose of this competitive award is to provide selected teachers of evaluation with a travel award to defray costs of travel/registration associated with attendance to Evaluation 2018 in Cleveland, OH.
Award: Three (3) $1500 travel awards to assist with expenses related to Evaluation 2018 conference attendance (i.e. registration, AEA membership, travel, accommodations). AEA will reimburse you up to $1,500 in the form of a check following the conference.
Award Eligibility and Criteria: In order to qualify for this award, applicants must meet all criteria below:
- Be within the first 10 years of earning their doctoral degree
- Working full-time as an instructor/professor at a university/college
- Teaching evaluation courses on an ongoing basis
- Have Principal Investigator (PI) level evaluation project experience
- Demonstrates funding need for Evaluation 2018 travel and attendance.
To apply for this award, please submit the following here no later than September 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET here.
- Brief Application. Contact information, Institutional Affiliation, Complete list of evaluation-related courses taught as an instructor (Semester/Year, Name of Course, Institution)
- Curriculum Vita (Brief 3 -5 pages). Include evaluation/teaching publications, list past 3 years of evaluation projects (and your project role) /evaluation teaching assignments.
- Written Proposal (3 parts – 250 words max each part).
- Part A (250 words). Identification of what is available for you to use for travelling to AEA 2018 from other sources (e.g., departmental funds, grants, etc.)
- Part B (250 words). Describe specific aspects of your evaluation teaching you would like to improve.
- Part C (250 words). Describe how you will use AEA 2018 participation to improve to your teaching and inspire your students.
- Supervisor Letter. Letter should clearly reflect on candidate’s ongoing teaching evaluation role, need for travel/Professional Development resources outside of what is made available by their institution, and intent for post meeting teaching improvement plan. Letter must be signed and on College/University’s letterhead. Please submit this letter separately to Zachary Grays via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Zachary Grays via email at email@example.com .