Evaluation 2018 Video Contest
Deadline Has Been Extended to Monday, August 27
Use your creativity to create short, a one-minute video that capture the essence of the Evaluation 2018 conference theme, Speaking Truth to Power. Videos will be reviewed by the Evaluation 2018 Program Committee and the winning videos will be shared at the AEA conference.
Use these important questions as a guide for making your video.
• Story – What’s the story? What changes from the beginning to the end in your video?
• Audience – Who is your audience?
• Message – What is the message you want to convey?
• Style – What style or media format will you use to tell your story/message that will capture your audience?
Up to five winning videos will be selected by a peer committee of AEA members. Submissions are due by August 27, 2018 and winners will be announced in early September.
Video Contest Guidelines
Create a short video – less than 1:00 minute long – that captures what Speaking Truth to Power in evaluation means to you. Your video can feature community images or video, iconography, text, graphics, animation and music – whatever you think best conveys the message you want to feature.
- Videos must be submitted by a link posted to YouTube or another publicly accessible location.
- Any spoken or written content in the videos must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Videos must address one or more of the contest questions noted above.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining permission of any individuals appearing in the video prior to submitting their entry.
Winning videos will be featured on the AEA conference website and in the Evaluation 2018 mobile app. Winning videos will also be shared during the plenary sessions at Evaluation 2018.
Here are some examples of creative ways to convey a message in a short video format:
- Parental Control
- Clouded Minds
- Under the Influence
- Recipe for Beauty
- Deaf Not Dumb
- Could You Call This Home
These are videos produced by young people from around the world who participated in Adobe Youth Voices. In addition to the video examples shared here, you can explore short videos that help young people and their adult partners “create with purpose.”
There will be up to five (5) prizes awarded for winning videos.
1st Place – one (1) complimentary conference registration
2nd Place – one (1) complimentary full – day workshop
Runners up (up to 3 winners selected) – one (1) complimentary half-day workshop All prizes can be redeemed for Evaluation 2018 or Evaluation 2019