International Buddy Program
Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
In line with the internationalization of AEA, the International and Cross Cultural Evaluation (ICCE) TIG is glad to sponsor the International Buddy Program (IBP) for the sixth year in a row. To learn more about the International Buddy Program, visit the information guide below.
IBP AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- The international participants will feel more at home upon their registration at the AEA conference in Cleveland;
- The international participants will gain a better understanding of evaluation practice in the US by exchanging with a US-based peer;
- The US-based evaluator will learn more about the state of evaluation in other countries;
- Queries from the international participants to the US-based evaluators regarding conference logistics issues will be dealt with in a timely and non-bureaucratic manner; and
- The initial confusion and uncertainty faced by all new international visitors will be lessened.
The buddy relationship will consist of three phases:
- Before the conference: In order to take part in the program, fill out the registration form by clicking on the link below and e-mail it to the IBP Coordinator (Michele Tarsilla) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline to apply is October 18, 2018). Based on your background and professional interests, Michele will try to pair international visitors and US-based evaluators who seem compatible with each other. Once the individuals have been paired, they will receive each other’s e-mails so that they could touch base by e-mail a few weeks before the conference starts.
If you are an international participant: Once you have registered for Evaluation 2018, and if you are interested in linking with an evaluator based in the U.S., please do the following:
If you are a US-based evaluator: Once you have registered for Evaluation 2018, if you are interested in liaising with an international participant and you have attended a conference in the past, please fill out the form here and e-mail it to Michele Tarsilla (IBP Coordinator) at email@example.com by October 18, 2018.
- During the conference: Once the conference starts, AEA will provide opportunities to those enrolled in the IBP to interact not only with their own buddies but also with other pairs of buddies (e.g., during the Poster Exhibit and Meet the Authors opening reception scheduled on Wednesday October 31, 2018 at 6:30 pm and during the International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation TIG business meeting scheduled on Thursday November 1, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM) in Room CC-7. Similarly, the US-based evaluators and the international participants will seek opportunities to spend some time together during the conference (e.g., during lunch breaks, the silent auction or any other AEA-sponsored receptions). The US-based evaluators will also be willing to address any questions that the international participants might have on the conference sessions and logistics.
- After the conference: The hope is that evaluators enrolled in the IBP program will have fully benefited from the conference by establishing a productive professional link with evaluators coming from other countries.