Evaluation 2017 Video Contest
We want to know what the Evaluation 2017 theme: From Learning to Action means to you! We challenge you to share your thoughts on this year’s theme through a short video. Up to five winning videos will be selected by a peer committee of AEA members. Prizes will be awarded to the individual selected with the winning video. Submission deadline is Friday, June 16.
What to include:
Submit a brief 45 to 60 second video addressing one or more of these questions:
- What does the Evaluation 2017 theme From Learning to Action mean to you personally and professionally?
- What should the theme mean to other evaluators?
- What can the theme mean for the evaluation profession?
How to be considered:
- A complete contest entry form must be submitted with the link to the video on or before June 16, 2017
- Videos must be submitted by a link posted to YouTube or another publicly accessible location. See tips on using YouTube below
- Any spoken or written content in the videos must be in English or subtitled in English
- Videos must address one or more of the contest questions noted above
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining permission of any individuals appearing in the video prior to submitting their entry
What do you win:
Up to five winning videos will be selected by a peer committee of AEA members. Prizes will only be awarded to the individual who submits the video. Each submitter can only receive one prize. Links to all the winning videos will be highlighted on the AEA webpage, and videos will be shared during Evaluation 2017 in Washington, D.C. Winners will be also recognized at the AEA awards luncheon and the video winning first place will be shown during the Opening Plenary session!
- 1st prize video: one (1) complimentary Evaluation 2017 registration
- 2nd prize video: choice of one (1) complimentary registration in either a 6-hour eStudy course or one full day at conference workshop
- Up to 3 runners’ up videos: choice of one (1) complimentary registration in either one 3-hour eStudy course or a half day at conference workshop
How will the videos be judged:
- The extent to which they clearly respond to one or more of the contest questions
- The extent to which the video offers motivation for AEA members and non-members to engage with the conference theme
- Creative and/or appealing presentation
- Technical quality (appropriate lighting/visuals, audible sound)
Use these Quick Tips for filming with Mobile Devices when creating your video
How to upload your video to YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/ using an existing e-mail account by clicking on the sign in button in the upper right and using an existing e-mail account username and password
- Click on the upload button (it looks like an arrow with a line under it, third button in on the upper right)
- Follow the instructions on the upload page for the type of device you are using https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en&ref_topic=2888648
- Make sure to use an approved file type such as .mov here are the approved types :https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en&ref_topic=2888648
- Select either “unlisted” or “public” for the security settings
- Copy the link YouTube provides and provide it with your submission.