Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2016 Travel Awards
The American Evaluation Association and the International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation TIG are pleased to invite professional evaluators living and practicing in emerging countries or countries in transition to submit applications for International Travel Awards to attend and present at the 2016 AEA Annual Conference to be held October 24-29, 2016 in Atlanta, GA, USA. This year we anticipate awarding five International Travel Awards of approximately $2,000 USD each plus waived conference registration, pre/post conference workshops, and AEA membership. The awards may be used to cover actual travel costs, food, and shared accommodations. All awards are paid out at the conference as reimbursement of documented expenses and are paid only to those who are selected, who attend, and who make the anticipated presentation. The International Travel Awards recipients will be notified no later than July 11, 2016.
Funds for the International Travel Awards are raised through generous donations to the annual AEA silent auction and the contributions of workshop speakers who donate their honorariums. The Silent Auction is held on Friday, October 28 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Attendees and organizations from across the world donate item to be included. These items include jewelry, books, gift cards, and items that represent the many cultures of the evaluation community.
If you would like to donate something to be bid on at the Silent Auction, please feel free to bring it along and drop it at the AEA conference registration desk. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to qualify for an AEA International Travel Award, all applicants must meet all criteria below:
- Have not previously participated in AEA conferences;
- Demonstrate good fluency in English, being able to make a professional presentation and sustain a discussion in English (applicants may be interviewed by one of the International and Cross-Cultural TIG Co-Chairs as part of the selection process);
- Submit a complete INDIVIDUAL application (group applications will not be accepted), including cover letter, budget, curriculum vitae or resume, and 2 letters of reference. No application will be considered without all of these elements;
- Be a citizen of, and both reside and practice evaluation in, an emerging country or country in transition for at least two years (US citizens or those with dual citizenship between the US and a second country are not eligible; for a list of countries considered to be emerging or in transition, click here);
- Propose to present at the Evaluation 2016 conference and have at least one proposal accepted. Applicants must submit one of the following presentation types: Panel, Paper, Multipaper, Roundtable, or Think Tank. Submissions submitted as an eligible session type but are recommended to be presented as non-eligible session type will not be considered for these awards.